Fee King

Fee King
Campaigning For Fitness

Saturday, January 24, 2015

A girls' FIRST Love is her Father; regardless if she has one or not!!

I
I’ve been in love with the idea, concept and the reality of choo choo trains since I was a small child. As I head out onto the platform to catch the Amtrak train from Van Nuys to Santa Barbara, for the day, I start to get sentimental. I quietly ask myself, What is it about trains that you love soo much and why”?  Then I remember who introduced me to trains.

I took my first cross-country train trip from Los Angeles, Ca  to Washington D.C four years ago to visit my sister. It was AMAZING! Except, that not until I boarded the train, did i realize the windows didn’t open and I am claustrophobic. I was on that train for three days. The mind is a powerful thing. It can talk you off the ledge if you listen to it. I got to see the Country side from the West Coast through the Midwest ending on the East Coast. It was quite magical. Another bucket list item checked off.

As  I look down the platform awaiting my train, I see a train off to the left side with the words Union pacific, in Big, Bold, Bright red letters painted along its side. That’s when it hit me. I love trains, because I loved my father. He was the one who introduced me to trains. He was the one who gave me my very first Union Pacific RailRoad overalls wearing teddy bear. My father worked for Omaha’s Union Pacific RailRoad.

Although, I don’t have a relationship with my father; I force myself to focus on the good memories I have of him.  And there were soo many good memories.  He WAS a good father.

We have a choice in life. We sometimes forget that focusing on and constantly rehashing our painful child memories, continue to allow us to live our lives as the victim. 

“Look what he did to me.”  “Can you believe what he/she said to me?”  

I know first hand, that this negative self talk is detrimental to my mental, emotional and most importantly….my Spiritual growth.

I’ll always love trains and I’ll always love my father.


Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl - Fee King 
@yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl
yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment