Fee King

Fee King
Campaigning For Fitness

Friday, January 2, 2015

What if you pass gas in Yoga? Day II of my Yoga practice

My vision and image of myself is so clear today and that's why I'm embarking upon 30-days in a row of  yoga. Some of these yoga practices will be done at a yoga studio, at my gym (24-hour fitness) or in the privacy of my very teeny, tiny beach side pad; where there's barely enough room to push my tushy back into a downward dog.

The image that I am holding for myself is one where:

  I look and FEEL the part.   I intend on passing my uterine fibroid tumors. They're simply a collection of emotional past trauma trash that I no longer chose to house.  And like any trash, it too can be taken out.  I image myself having even more energy than I do today.  After all, I will be traveling the world empowering and uplifting young women and teenagers with my 1-woman show.

I IMAGE Myself:
.  15-22 pounds lighter
.  Dressing in the kind of beautiful fabrics and designs that my sister, Mrs. Beautejadore, will make specifically tailor to my body, style and budget
.   Looking  10 years younger
.  Living with  a FLAT stomach
.  Being my own poster board for fitness
.   Most importantly, I IMAGE myself being an example, source of inspiration & information for ALL women suffering from fibroid tumors.

I showed up at Bhakti yoga at 7:00 am, with a  new friend in tow, for my second yoga class and no one was there. I will not be discouraged. I didn't allow this temporary moment of defeat into a win.  I walked 1.5 blocks down the street to the 24-hour fitness Express in Santa Monica for a light precor cardio session, where I burned 350 calories. I  returned to Bhakti yoga for their 3:00 afternoon class, where I was the ONLY student. WhooHoo! I get my very own private session. I endured the pangs of knife like feelings that I sometimes feel in my lower abdomen when I bend over towards my toes. I pushed through the short lived cramps from moving in a way my body is not used to. I even managed  to ignore the fart like sounds a woman's vagina will sometimes make when she's relaxed and not tightening her muscles. I know what you're thinking:  This is T.oo  M.uch  I. information. But, it's  not. This is me keep'n it 100% REAL.  This is me being vulnerable and sharing my experience. And...my vagina was queefing. It's actually a medical term for gas in the Vagina.  Now, this has happened to me before, but usually in the privacy of my own home.  Can you believe  I didn't feel embarrassed. I was there to do the work and the work got done. I figured, if this male yoga instructor, named Allen, never heard a woman's vagina queef, then it was about time. lol

While I didn't sweat much in this vinyasa yoga class, it was well worth me coming back twice for the corrective posturing poses Allen showed me. Not to mention, he was very accommodating when I actually fell over onto the floor while doing a pose. Now, that was embarrassing. I was like, "WTFreak just happened." I fell over. I got the opportunity to work with props and to learn what the props were and how they support you in your yoga practice. As much as I did NOT want to do yoga in the middle of the day, I did. And I'm glad for it

While I am enjoying Bhakti yoga, I know that I need to venture out and  try other studios. SO, stay tuned for that. I hope you'll join my blog and share your journey with me.


Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl - Fee King
@yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl
yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl@gmail.com


I

2 comments:

  1. Have you read the book You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay? In the book she talks about the probable causes of various dis-eases including fibroids and the new thought process to have to cure the dis-ease. I too had fibroids and practiced the new thought process daily until all my symptoms were gone. The doctor no longer speaks of the fibroids. I believe I am healed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I really like your blog. Keep going with yoga. It is a wonderful practice. :)

    ReplyDelete