Fee King

Fee King
Campaigning For Fitness

Sunday, January 4, 2015

What I RESIST...PERSISTS! Day III and Day IIII of YOGA!

Yesterday, Jan 3rd, 2014 was day 3 of my 30-day Yoga prana.I wasn't feeling it at all. And let me tell you why, "Because I was TIRED! Okay. Yes. I said it, Fee King was tired. Not only that, I hadn't been home in almost a week and I had five loads of laundry to do. I had to clean my apartment and balcony. And, I had to spend quality time with the love of my life. Not, not my boyfriend. The other life of my life, my awesome, yummy and delicious, fat cat named Dychess. So, I opted for some light stretches and rolled around on my back on my yoga mat. There! Okay. I said it.

Day 4 of my yoga experience was ON! I woke up at 7:00 a.m. and was out the door by 7:25 headed to Bhakti yoga on 2nd and Arizona. I decided to take the beach route for some negative ionic ocean charges. Let me not make it sound like I leapt out of bed with a smile on my face and rearing to do some yoga. Not!  It wasn't like that at all. I attempted to create every excuse in the book as to why I couldn't go. I told me self, "Self, you can go later."  "After all, you're off today and you can fit  yoga in anytime today." I then realized, if I'm having this conversation in my head, then obviously I'm awake  and can get my butt to the studio.

I had the same teacher I had the other name, Allen. I like Allen. However, I knew the class would be small; as in just Me. A few minutes before we began, another person showed up. He was a man. Guys you knew that when I referred to him as HE. Awe damn! I was fearful of having another vagina fart and this time it would be in front of two men. I couldn't let that deter me. I'm on a mission. Allen explained that Vinyasa flow is exactly what it says, a flow. He explained it would be much faster, etc, etc. Not to mention, the class is a 90-minute in length class. I don't like long yoga.  That's been one of my biggest issues with yoga; which is why does it have to be so long.

Some of my other issues with yoga would be:

.  All of the women are those skinny chicks
.  For a spiritual practice - the people are a little clickish, territorial and downright snobbish
.  I rarely, if ever, see anyone who looks like ME
.  It's EXPENSIVE!

That 90-minutes flew by. Before we began, we were  told to set our intention for our practice. I set my intention on being present. I just wanted to stay in the Now. Outside of thoughts of ice-cream, popcorn with M & M peanuts, paying my rent next month and sexual positions inspired by the child' pose position I'd like to try, running through my my mind; I feel like I mostly remained present. I didn't sweat much, but over all - it was a really good class. We went through Sun salutation A and B; as well as some other stuff I can't pronounce or remember. I am feeling stronger. I'm feeling more connected. However, my uterus ...or was it my womb, was contracting during the flow. I believe it was due to the (5) 7:00 am. herbs I took prior to the class. I'm sure that means they're working.

Afterwards, I headed down to 24-hour fitness for some extra cardio. I felt like I needed to get wet and sweat.

My take away from this experience, thus far, is to simply keep showing up and believe it will work. Repetition is the mother of all __________ something. I forget how that goes, but if I continue with this yoga thing, I will eventually start to like, appreciate it and get better.

What have you taken on in 2015 that you've been resisting, but know it's for your greater good. Please share.

Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl - Fee King
@yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl   (Instagram)
yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment