Fee King

Fee King
Campaigning For Fitness

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Is there a such thing as Unconditional LOVE?

While I don’t think of death often, I do think about losing the love of my life; my cat Dychess. I know! It sounds crazy, right? I also believe that the Universe responds to our most powerful thoughts; which means we are powerful enough to manifest the ALL of life; whether you lable it good or bad. After all we are what we think we are OR not. I returned from a trip to Maryland, last week, to see my new neice and I had a day dream, if you will, that Dychess got sick and past away. It was an eary feeling. I recall saying to myself, “Fee, cut it out. “Nothing is happening to Dychess. Dychess is fine.” That was the end of it. I didn’t make a big deal out of it, because I’d had those thoughts before. One time, when we lived in the Calabassas hills, I let Dychess out onto the front patio area. While on my phone, I got distracted and Dychess went for an adventure in the woods. I was a wreck. I mean, literally. I crawled into my closet, cried for about 30-minutes. I gave Dychess until 9:00 p.m. to return home. I said, “If she doesn’t want to be with me, then I release her.” It felt as if I were having an out of body experience.
It’s no secret to anyone who knows me or follows me on Social media, that I LOVE this cat. She is my ride-or-die cat. We are BFF’s. We really are. She gets me and I get her. We’ve been together through thick and thick. Boyfreinds and fiancess have come and gone, but that Dychess has staying power. Typically, I either take my lunch to work and eat it cold or have the next door café warm it up for me. However, today, I forget half of my lunch at home. I made a pit stop at home to warm it up. I walk in the door, where I can see every single room in my apartment from the front door. I call out to Dychess. There was nothing. I look over at the bed and I see Dychess stretched out on the bed, in a way, that looked abnormal. I quickly rush over to her and call out her name again, “Hey boogar woogar.” Nothing. There was no meow. There was no movement of her tail. Therew as no purring. I touch her little fat cat body and it felt different. I don’t know what different feels like, but it just felt different. Her eyes seemed to dart back and forth. She appeared to be lethargic. I immediately teared up, ran down my hall way into the court yard and called out for my neighbor Chris. It was instinctual. I’ve known Chris for as many years as I’ve worked at the alkaline water store; however, I’m not the most neighborly person. Meaning, I speak and might share a few minutes catching up, but I don’t hang out . Most of my neighbors are young, they like to socialize, smoke their cigarettes and cigars and play their guitar and sit in the courtyard drinking their wine. They’re all nice people, just not my cup of tea. However, Chris is one I really like. He’s highly intelligent, deep spiritual thinker, kind and consistently considerate of being a gentleman when the ladies in the building need helping carrying heavy bags or boxes to their apartment. Chris heard the panick in my voice and saw tears streaming down my face and without missing a beat or asking what was wrong, he just flew into action. When we reached my apartment, Dychess was no where to be found. She’d hidden under the bed in between the lining of the box spring and the mattress. Chris and I figured Dychess hid because she heard a strange man’s voice in the apartment. She’s no watch dog…that Dychess. So, Chris left. Again, I was a mess. I knew I had to get back to work to relieve my colleague. My shift didn’t end until 3:00 p.m.; however, I was able to leave a little early and come back home in hopes that my cat was still alive. While walking to work, I prayed for the Positive Spirited Angels to help me think positive. I love this cat and I’m just not ready to part ways with her. It took me ten minutes to find her buried deep In the back of my closet. I called her name and she willingly came out. She looked at me, as if to say, "What is your problem?" "Why are you home so early and why are you bothering me?" She looked fine. She trotted outside onto the balcony for a little sun bathing before heading back under the bed until 4:00 p.m.. I patiently waited for her to come out from under the bed, jump onto my stomach, purr loudly and fall asleep atop of my chest; which she did at 4:02 p.m.. Again, I begin crying big crocodile tears of joy and appreciation.
I know that with life comes death. I’ll never be prepared for the day, if she should go before me. However, I am fully aware of the blessing, companionship and friendship this little fat fury creature has brought into my life. Today's sequence of events reiterated to me that I live in a pretty awesome neighborhood and community; one in which we look out for one another. This isn’t the first time Chris has come to my aid. I’m prayerful that it won’t be the last. . I’m grateful for this life I’ve created . I’m grateful for the support I have . I take none of it for granted. Ya Hollywoodfitnessgotogurl fee@vertikalmagazine.net yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment