Fee King

Fee King
Campaigning For Fitness

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

What do I drink for my skin?

Having recently turned 44, I think it might be time to add a skin toning, firming and hydrating topical solution to my existing regime of hydrating from the Inside/Out by drinking 9.5 Fluoride, chlorine and chloramine-FREE alkaline water. I do believe some of us are blessed with good genes; while most of US have to work at it. I fall somewhere in the middle. Although I don’t believe I look and most importantly, I don’t FEEL, act or perform like your typical 44-year old. However, I do realize that my skin cells are dying on a daily basis and their rejuvenation rate might be a little slower than it was in my 20s and 30s. My issue is I really have no idea where to start. With all these serums, motions, potions and elixirs. What has been working for me is upon waking in the morning, to ingest a minimum of two 8-ounce glasses of room temp PH water. When I travel, I make sure to ALWAYS add an organic lemon to the best-bottled water I believe is on the market. Fortunately, on this trip to Maryland to meet my new niece Chandler – I don’t have to worry about the necessity of putting lemon in my water; as my sister, being the Fashion, Beauty and skin care diva that she is, has an alkaline water system thanks to her big sis. She also has a medicine cabinet full of skin and hair care goodies. She has radiant skin and shiny and a head full of long, flowy and shiny hair. I love rummaging through her cabinets when she leaves the house or takes a nap. After all, she’s doing a lot of napping with an 18-day old new born. The issue is, I know she’s tired of telling me the best products out there due to my resistance to paying a lot for products. I’m CHEAP! What can I say. Whatever happened to the good ole days when Vaseline and Noxzema did the trick? It’s all a mystery to me. I don’t know that I’ve bought into the belief that the more you pay means the better the quality. Last year for Christmas, my sister gifted me a beautiful make up bag, full of skin care goodies. OMG! My first thought was, WOW! She’s saved me soo much money and time. Fast forward to almost a year later, I still have 90% of those products left because I’m frugile and need my stuff to last. And, I actually like the way they feel on my skin. Here’s my issue today. I feel like my skin, exposure to the outdoor elements increasing, my dietary intake and my workout has changed drastically from last year until today. So, with that being said – I want to be open to giving my skin and my hair the absolute best nutrients and hydration, without breaking the bank. I could ask my sister; however, she has a newborn and she aint got time for that. lol So, I’m asking my peeps out there. What are some of our top fave and most effective skin care products that are under $50. Let’s keep it real. This is Fee King you’re talking to. I’m NEVER going to spend much more than that. Okay! So, give me what you got. I’ll try it and report back to you. Ya Hollywood Fitness Gotogurl yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl@gmail.com feeking@vertikalmagazine.net www.yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment