Fee King

Fee King
Campaigning For Fitness

Saturday, October 11, 2014

What's the Big Deal about Alkaline Water Anyway??

Ever since I was a little girl, I recall having inconsistent bowel movements. I recall having gas and always having a little bloated tummy. This might be TMI – but stay with me on this one people. By the time I hit my early twenties, my condition became increasingly worse. There was a time I had to take myself to The Emergency room because I hadn't eliminated in almost 14-days. The emergency room Attending Physician sent me home with a prescription that would cost me less than $5; which was a bottle of mineral oil and orange juice. Lo and behold, It worked. That would be the beginning of my addiction to needing some sort of laxative in order to move my bowels. Whether it was correctal, those chocolate flavored ex-lax to colon cleanse pills I relied on for years. This became a normal way of life for me. I would use a bowel movement aid in the evenings before bed, wake up and immediately engage in some sort of aggressive cardiovascular activity and then follow that up with a hot cup of caramel soy latte from TheCoffe Bean. We’ll talk about soy at a later date. It wasn't until, as a Celebrity personal trainer, I would be introduced to something soo simple that was right under my nose all the time. I'd just been hired to train Marla Gibbs of The Jeffersons & 227. During one of our in-home training sessions, Ms. Marla would become adamant about pausing our workout to drink water from a counter top metal square shaped box, that talked to you when you pressed its buttons. I remember joking with Ms. Marla, that Jesus went 40-days without drinking water and surely we could get through a few minutes of exercise before needing water. She quipped, "Baby, this water is life." LOL. She gave me that look that let me know she was serious about her water. From that day on, every time I would go to Ms. Marla's home to train her, she would give me a gallon of her 8.5 alkaline water. I accepted the two to three gallons of alkaline water she'd offered me on a weekly basis. I had no idea what alkaline water was and what it meant, but It was wet, looked and tasted like water. The first thing I noticed after ingesting this clear liquid, was an eight pound loss of weight in under two weeks. “Oh, I’m drinking this water for life”, I said. The next thing that occurred was my hormonal acne completely cleared up. As you know, I’m a gym horse. I found myself covering up my blemish scars that the acne left with concealer. Those who know me, know I rarely wear make up and I’m an absolute proponent of NO make up in the gym. However, the acne scarring was embarrassing. The last and most noticeable and Important improvement since drinking alkaline water was that I was actually having bowel movements once a day. That’s what attributed to my weight loss. I had no idea what alkaline water was and why it worked, but I knew I would drink it Forever and I have now been drinking alkaline water for over seven years. More importantly, I am an advocate of drinking clean water that has NO fluoride. Clean water that’s been alkalized simply by adding minerals is the way water was intended to be…straight from a natural spring. So, if I show up at your home or at a restaurant or company party and you see me carrying my own personal half gallon glass of yummy, delicious clean tasting clear liquid, don’t think I’m crazy. Just know that I am serious about my water. After all, the brain and heart are composed of 73% water, and the lungs are about 83% water. The skin contains 64% water, muscles and kidneys are 79%, and even the bones are 31% water. My theory is: We age from the Inside/ Out – So drink up so that you can look and feel the part. Stay tuned for more shares on water, health, wellness and fitness in the upcoming blogs. If you have a question or topic you want me to cover – feel free to send it to me. Luv and light… Ya Hollywood Fitness Go2Gurl feeking@vertikalmagazine.net yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl@gmail.com yahollywoodfitness.blogspot.com Instagram: yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl

No comments:

Post a Comment