Fee King

Fee King
Campaigning For Fitness

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Ask & It Is Given!!

As I sit here jammin to The Ojays "She used to be my girl" and downing the other half of my half gallon glass of 9.5 alkaline water, I can't help but reminisce on my life; specifically the past three years. What a ride it's been. I know what you're thinking, what do the Ojays and water have to do with Asking and Getting? Well, nothing. This song ALWAYS puts me in a Feel good mood and it's hot outside and I'm thirsty. That's all. And reminiscing on my growth keeps me in a god mood. Reflecting on all the things I've yearned for, wanted, needed and then had the courage to ask for and ultimately RECEIVED; all because I was open to, had the burning desire and Hunger to read a life changing book titled: "Ask and It is Given" BY: Esther and Jerry Hicks. I've read this book ELEVEN times. Yes. I can be a little obsessive when I'm hungry. When is the last time you've been that hungry? I've had many Life Changing and Life Improving events occur over the past two years; especially due to this incredible book: "Ask and It is Given" and two consecutive years of participating in an 11-week Master Mind Group based on the reading and principles of: "You are Born Rich" BY: Bob Proctor. It all started with me admitting that my life was NOT working. Okay, it looked okay from the outside, but once you took a deeper look, even Ray Charles could've seen that there was some major stuff that needed to be dealt with, removed, forgiven and changed. So, thus began the work. When this kind of work happens, it has to happen from the Inside out; because there aint no Calvary coming to save the day. You gotta get in there, knee high in your shit, and do the work. And I did and I continue, till this day - this moment, to doing the work. In doing this work, one of the constants in my life is that I live my life, similiar to my 1-woman show; as A ONE Woman show. I do it all. I didn't know how to ask for help. I didn't understand that in the asking for help, is where you are vulnerable; which is really where our power lies. I didn't know that I was creating a shell around me that only allowed people inside in a limited way. I would go to the movies by myself, plays by myself, events and functions by myself. I even traveled the country by myself. Lol. Laugh if you will, but I did. My motto used to be "If it's meant to be, It's up to FEE" And I meant that. My second trip to The UK and Europe, this past August 2014, was another Life Changer. However, this trip opened my heart to the possibility and the necessity of community. Although the first three weeks of my six week trip, I was alone; however, I met amazing people on a daily basis. I did more than meet, I asked to make connections with people and connections are what I created. It was the most yummy, delicious, spiritual and life expanding experience I've ever had. I returned to California with the intention of opening myself up to being apart and involved in community. In the short three weeks I've been back, my sister gave birth to my first niece - a beautiful baby girl named Chandler Marie Revis. I am looking forward to being apart of this new community of Aunties. I'm looking forward to creating a new lifestyle that will afford me the ability to be with my sister and new niece, on the East Coast, more often. Another community creating opportunity presented itself to me just this morning. My friend, who is always supporting me on some level, Tyrone Davis, a.k.a. Mr. Lifaholik, text me and asked me to join him this morning for a workout. Now, he doesn't know this, but he will after this gets published. My first instinct was to say "No thank you" and tell him that I was already at the gym. What was that about? lol Although we make these declarations to change, grow and do better; Spirit is always testing us to make sure the things we want are the things we are ready for. Deep! I know. I'm taking ya'll somewhere. I reached deep into my new bag of tools and came up with a new answer; which was simply "YES". I notice I don't really like to exercise with other people. And this coming from a retired personal trainer. And, I don't like people, i.e., trainers, telling me what to do. I lamented against my fear and resistance and did it anyway. I showed up and showed out. The best part of my workout with Tyrone, besides him having his short of the entire time, was his other female friend showing up. She's a gorgeous sistah with a blog that I just love, titled @Curvygirlsncurls. Gotta love that! We worked the rootah to the tootah! And, it was fun. My only note would be to add some Salt-N-Peppa, MC Lyte, a little Nicki Minaj and Iggy Izalea to the workout playlist. lol Now, in sharing this, I don't want ya'll hitten me up on Instagram, Facebook and tweeting me invites all over town. I'm just one person. Break me in slowly. lol. I'm kidding. No, really. I'm serious about that. Although I love people, socializing and this newfound love of community; I still love my quiet times to reflect and work. After all, I'm building a movement here. I'm a Hot mess is what I am. Ya Hollywood Fitness Go2Gurl...Fee King is Grateful those whow matter the most have NOT given up on me. More importantly, I'm GRATEFUL I haven't given up on myslf. Live life ya'll and fill up on yummy, delicious 9.5PH water. Ya Hollywood Fitness Go2Gurl fee@vertikalmagazine.net Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl - Instagram thefeekingshow - Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment