Fee King

Fee King
Campaigning For Fitness

Saturday, April 11, 2015

How do you know when you're ready 2 let Go and Let GOD!

August 2011, I cried a tearful goodbye to my Black Jeep wrangler i affectionately named “Jeep Chronicles.” As I watched the tow truck take her away to her new owners, I was both sad and relieved. I had NO idea of my “HOW.” 

How was I going to:
.  To go grocery shopping
.  Get to the gym, The Santa Monica Stairs, Runyon Canyon
.  Spend time with friends
.  Get to the airport
.  LIVE

What I did know what that life did Not begin and end with my jeep wrangler. Although, at times, it did feel as though my identity as Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl and Fee King, the actor, were directly tied to that jeep. It was all about the look. I’d roll around Hollywood, Santa Monica and  LA, with the top down, my frohawk blowing in the wind,  my “No More Muffin Top” Logo on my back spare tire, jamming Tupac, Ledisi, Jaheim, Mary J. Blige and Luther Vandross.

I really thought I was the SHITThen it all came to an end. I was done. I was definitely going through a shift in my life. I was over registering my jeep. I was sick and tired of putting my hard earned quarters into parking meters. I was frustrated with traffic. I loathed getting on the freeway.  I thought I would lose my freakin-A mind if my jeep got towed one more time due to outstanding tickets Maybe that one was due to my irresponsibility.

I walked away and NEVER looked back. I didn’t wonder, nor did I care what my actor, producer and writer friend’s would think if they saw Fee King on the bus or even worse…walking. You see, La is NOT a public transportation town. 

I had FAITH, CONFIDENCE and a DESIRE to design the life I wanted to live; which was a life of less stress.  

How did I do it you ask?

.  I prayed for patience and humility
.  I meditated for clarity and clearness
.  I believed in myself and God
.  I stayed Positive amidst the storms and challenges
.  I down-sized my circle of influence
.  I got a zip car membership  AND
.  I GOT A BUSS PASS!

Because I moved to Santa Monica, one would think the transition to riding a bike would be natural, right? NOT! Here’s the thing. I was turning 41. I hadn’t ridden a bike since I was in elementary school and I was terrified of a car door opening on me, while I was passing. I had vision of seeing myself flying over the handle bars of my beach cruiser, landing in the middle of the street and too embarrassed to get up. 

Three years later, all of that would change. I began dating a man who loved to cycle. This man does 100-mile rides. I mean he’s got the outfits to match. He’s suited and booted with the padded jumpsuit style shorts, the matching cycle jersey and the clip-in peddle shoes. I’m sure these things have real names, but I don’t know what they are because i’ve vowed to NEVER become that girl. What I will do; however, is continue to hop on my new bike as often as I can to either transport me to work, to the movie theater or simply taking a two and half hour trek from Santa Monica to Hermosa Beach.  No matter what mood I’m in when I get on that bike. I’m instantly catapulted into a place of pure bliss, freedom and gratitude.


I had no idea of the HOW four years ago. As I continue to live, learn and grow - I’m learning to trust my gut instinct and my intuition while living my life with FAITH.  People still look at my quizically when I tell them that I don’t have a car and that it’s by choice. What I do have, is a great life. One which is met with obstacles, challenges, triumphs and successes that keep me in a perpetual state of compassion for myself and others.  Can you believe this black girl (Woman) rides a bike?? WhooHoo!!

Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl
@Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl
Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment