Fee King

Fee King
Campaigning For Fitness

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Malibu is STANKY! Malibu is Nae-Nae!!



The last place in the World I ever thought I, Fylicia Renee’ King, a.k.a., Fee King, would be doing the Stanky leg and the Nae Nae, would be in Malibu, CA. OR, should I say learning how to perfect my “Stanky leg”

Live long enough and expect life to throw a few curve balls at you

I jumped out of bed at 5:40 this morning; excited to drive to Malibu for our first Sponsored event with the American Cancer Association’s Relay for Life Fundraiser.

As usual, I am going to be the Elephant on the internet when I say that women don’t always show one another love. Especially women in the Health and Fitness arena. Some women tend to be a little clickish in the fitness arena. There! I said it.  I know some may disagree; however, it has been my experience in this industry for nearly 20 years, that SOME women tend to be a little competitive and the green eyed monster rears her ugly head at times.  However, Not these ladies on this day in Sunny Malibu, California.

The event started with the Opening Keynote address by a TWO time cancer survivor, named Adrienne Slaughter, who also happens to be a single leg amputee since the age of 14. She and I instantly hit it off.  Her aura was so ferociously bright; that her lack of having two legs seemed  irrelevant. She was a vibrant and  interesting woman with a  positive outlook on life and her situation; which really isn’t a situation at all. She’s a SURVIVOR. She shared her story of:
.  FAITH
.  COURAGE
.  TENANCITY     AND
.  POSITIVITY
Her story, unexpectedly brought tears to my eyes.  It wasn’t from feeling sorry for her. Her story reminded me of those I’ve loved and lost to the dreadful disease called:  CANCER. When I lost my High School Sweetheart to cancer  in 1987.  My Best friend, lost her battle with cancer in 2009.  Last, but not least, when I lost my beloved mother to Cancer in 2011.  I was quickly reminded that I have something more in common with these ladies than the reason I was there; which was to share the gift of hydration.  We have CANCER in common. Her story reinforced that I really have  NO problems at all.  Her story reminded me  that God uses the strong as messengers for Hope.



Next coming to the stage was a fitness trainer named Coach Neda of JÄM (Juicy Athletic Moves)  When she invited EVERYONE to the grassy green area for a 30-min dance infused workout; I’ll be honest. I said to myself, “Self, you know this is about to be some rythmless aerobic-Esque style grape vine-doin dance routine to some bootleg Hip-Hop House infused music.”  I’m Keep’n it 100 right now. That’s what I thought.  Boy was I wrong. This is why making assumptions, makes an ASS out of Me and …ME!

For a minute, I thought they were filming a scene from “Malibu’s Most Wanted Part II” and nobody gave me my sides. LoL  Nedra of Malibu is The TRUTH. Nothing better than seeing a group of 40 + year old  women doing the “Stanky Leg” , “Breaking their legs” doing the “Nae-Nae” and having FUN!  It was less about getting the dance steps right and more about being in the moment, connected to your body and simply doing your best.

What I loved about Neda’s class this morning was her:
.  PASSION
.  COMMITMENT to the routine
.  ABILITY to incorporate the dance steps with movements that targeted the abs, glutes and thighs
.  POSITIVE and OUTGOING ENERGY 
.  ABILITY to instruct while performing

I have made new friends in fitness and I am excited.

Not only can White men Jump, but  “White women can dance”.   LoL

Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl
@Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl

Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment