Fee King

Fee King
Campaigning For Fitness

Friday, July 3, 2015

What happens when U STOP being tied to other's opinions of You!!

Yesterday, I said I will speak and greet every person I come into contact with today with a Smile and a hello, good morning or good afternoon.  I know what you're thinking, "That's easy for you Fee, "you're always friendly and happy"!  NOT! I work at it people. I make a conscious decision to do my absolute best EVERYDAY. We are bombarded with too a borage of:
.  Choices
.  Options
.  Stimuli
.  Colorful Characters
.  Loud Noises, etc, etc, etc

I live in a community, called the Beach community; which I absolutely love. However, I am bombarded with people, who in my opinion, have  "The Sense of Entitlement Sydrome"  We ALL know what they look like, how they behave, what they drive and even what their voices sound like. Well, except for those who are displaying these annoying attributes. I'll stop there.

I also live in a community of the land of the homeless, disenfranchised and often times mentally ill. I love all of it; as it allows me the opportunity to rise to the challenge of being:

.  Kind
.  Forgiving
.  Compassionate
.  Real
.  Authentic
  .    Loving     - Or NOT!
.  True to myself

I'm nearly hit by a car or either feel the rush of a driver to get out of their way, either while I'm crossing the street, in a cross walk or when riding  my bike. So, at times, my guard is up and I'm a little tense and feeling aggressive. I digress. lol

I enter my new favorite; yet unfavorite coffee shop on Rose called "The Groundworks". I LOVE the coffee, but am not in love with the atmosphere. The staff isn't overly friendly or really friendly and warm at all. It's not like my Urth Cafe. I had a moment of reflection and decided to see if it was me. Am I the one creating this sort of tension and distance between myself, the staff and the other customers when I walk in. I will take 30% of the responsibility, but not all of it. So, yesterday, with my NEW intentions set forth, I decided no matter what and no matter WHO; I am going to smile, greet people I come into contact with; while checking  my energy and attitude at the door. It sort of worked. While waiting for my coffee barista to brew my small almond latte, extra hot with a little room, the woman standing next to me sizes me up. She looked me up and down from head to toe beginning at my paint speckled adiddas animal print running shoes to my not so eloquently wrapped head wrap. And, she did it unapologetically. Before I could react with some sistah-girl sass and attitude, she smiled and quipped, "I Love it. "I love your whole look"  That is working from the scarf, to the polka dot blue dress over the jeans with deliberate holes and the SHOES...I LOVE those tennis shoes." 

 I burst out laughing. I couldn't help but tell her that if my sister were here, she would tell both of us that I looked a Hot mess and to go home and start over.  Nothing was matching and I didn't care.  (Photo insert) I was comfortable and on my way to do the FINAL cleaning and exit from the OLD apt in Santa Monica to the NEW apt, career and lifestyle I am creating in Venice. And it's true - I don't give a damn what people think about what I'm wearing, how I'm wearing it and why I'm wearing. My WHY is so crystal clear; that the only person who's opinion of me that matters is Mine.  Living in a Beach community, people tend to be extremely casual. That's why I love it over here. Now, I know how to put it together when I need and want to; however, most of the time there is no need and I don't want to.

With that being said, when we decide to just be US; then the opinions of others matters less and less.  When we realize the energy we are receiving from others might be due to our own stuff and our projecting of our own stuff on to others; we then empower ourselves to do something about it... or NOT. I personally like, when people are happy AND grateful that I am patronizing their business. So, I will continue to buy my coffee from Groundworks coffee; while I expect my Positive, Bubbly and Effervescent Energy to rub off on them. lol     If it takes longer than I like; they will come to realize that they are not the only show in town.

Define and Focus on Your WHY today and EVERYDAY

Yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl
@yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl (instagram)
yahollywoodfitnessgotogurl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment